March 24, 2008

Footsteps (A poem)

Walking down the street that night
I couldn't help but listen
to my footsteps echoing in the cold night air
Coming from tea with a friend I found another friend
Walking down the street we wondered
About greater things to come.
As I walked away from my friend and those thoughts
I moved Westward toward my home
I watched the branches of the trees above
Scrape the dark night sky
And above that still the stars hung clearly
Reminding me that my greater things were still so tiny.
As I shut the night out, closing the door behind me
All that was left was silence

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.