November 18, 2007

An Update you Say? REALLY?

So its been a while, but here I am live and in the flesh. Well, I know I'm in the flesh but maybe you don't cause you haven't been calling. Why haven't you been calling? Anyway, I'm always pleased when my friends tell me they've been reading my blog, so I figured I'd make it worth your while. The last couple of months have been a little bit crazy for me, lots going on with school family and friends. Sadly my grandfather has fallen into ill health and I had an unfortunate incident with a brick and my ankle, which went from a sprain to planter facitis. Also things have been all over the place with my work placement at Care Canada. For the first 4 weeks all I did was read, then my supervisor resigned without giving me any notification whatsoever leaving me thinking "What the hell?" Any long story short I have a supervisor again and things are going better so stuff is working out on that front. School had been kind of rough this semester, I'm not lovin' most of my classes except for Weapons of Mass Destruction and International law which is the best course ever. (It really is)
So that's about it that's new but I'd like to share my most recent moment of Zen. About a year ago in a desperate attempt to find a summer job I filled out an FSWEP application, didn't really think much of it, after all no one ever here's anything from those things right? Well about 4 days ago I got an e-mail saying that I had approved to right a test to become a border services officer with the time date and location of course. I'm not sure if I'm going to right it because well its next weekend but the funny part about it is that the hand book says if I get accepted I may be required to carry a fire-arm. And really I can't imagine anything funnier than me, the peace-loving hippie that I am, standing in the middle of Pearson International Airport with a gun at my side.
See you again sooner than last time.

1 comment:

Eric Rosenhek said...

You with a gun? that would be halarious!!! If you get in, I'm totally going to start a ruckus at Pearson ;-)

Good luck!